Thursday, November 30, 2017

Advanced Holiday Crazies

And welcome back faithful readers! On today's lesson in "Advanced Holiday Crazies" presented by, moi, we endeavor to cover how to not lose your mind! In reality, it will be more of me catching you up during this hectic, holiday madness and the goings on in my life in the last month. Surprisingly and out of nowhere, I felt the need to blog and cover what has happened since my last post.
Let's not get too excited and see trends and patterns where there aren't any, but if I do manage a monthly, or even quarterly posting to keep you all updated, it would be something. For anyone who has been with me since at least last year, you know that I participated in NaNoWriMo but did not collect any prizes and whatnot due to the hectic and crazy things that were unplanned and had no way to work around. Although I completed the challenge with (sort of new) a writing I was working on, I decided to re-enter it for this year's challenge and got everything turned in on time and posted, so I am now a NaNoWriMo winner. Whatever that means exactly, except that I did something magnificent-ish. yay me!
Beyond that I have been working and keeping up with old and new friends, trying to expand my writing capabilities and discovering more about myself. It has been a process but it has helped me see some of the flaws I need to fix and some of the things I need to embellish and make stronger. There are parts of myself I am still learning to love and care for that I thought I had already figured out, and there are parts of me that are changing. I hope for the better and in a positive direction. As the seasons begin to change more fully, and the temperature drops while the winds kick up, I am searching for new memories to make, while keeping the people I hold dear as close to me as possible. In the last few years that circle of people has changed, grown and contracted to different sizes, but the people I want continuously in my life are there for me, and I for them.
Even if the holidays are different this year and every year hereafter, traditional or not, I want to take all the pictures and spend all the time I have to spend with the ones I love. My family and friends who support Eric and I and who encourage us to be better versions of ourselves. You all know who you are and I thank you all for caring for us the way you do. Without you all, we would be two lonely people in a world of opportunity, and instead, we are part of groups of people who we can lean on and support as needed. I know I have grown a lot in the last few years but there is still a lot more growing for me to do. I'm hoping I have some wonderful people around me to watch and grow with me, too.
As always, thank you for reading and for your support of my crazy ideas and thoughts. Love, light, peace, and happiness to all of you this holiday season. Hold your nearest and dearest close and enjoy a bright new year if I don't post again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment